Skin care is a series of practices that support healthy skin, improve its appearance and prevent skin disorders. There are various things to be considered in skin care.
- Cleansing – This is a process that removes impurities from the skin.
- Toning – A process of adding fatty acids to the skin, helping to make it look fresh and rejuvenated. Toning also helps remove dead skin cells.
- Protection and
In this post, I will show 3 tips on keeping your skin healthy.
Why You Need A Healthy Skin Care Regime
Many people are very conscious about their skin. Skin care is very important, especially for those who want their skin to look young and healthy. These people will do almost anything to protect their skin from anything could harm it.
The skin is the largest organ in, or on our body. It does a lot of things. The most prevalent is protection against foreign substances from entering the body. It also acts as a transfer point for the release of toxins from our body, and keeps fluid meant to be inside, inside.
These facts mean that it’s very important to care for the skin and protect it well.
With the media attention some get, it seems that everyone wants the apparently flawless skin of today’s models and celebrities.
Here are some ways that you can achieve that.
- A lot of experts say that exfoliating the skin is a great way to achieve beautiful skin. With this in mind, try to invest in a good body exfoliant or “loofah” as it is commonly called. This will help get rid of dead skin cells from your body.
You should do this once or twice a week. If you do, you will be helping the skin to breathe naturally. What’s more, exfoliants can prevent ingrown hair developing.
One important thing to avoid is using any body exfoliant on the face.
The reason for this is facial tissue is a lot more sensitive and finer than the tissues on the body.
- One of the most natural ways to enjoy good skin, believe it or not, is to drink lots of water. It is often said that the simplest way to clear up dry skin and achieve more supple skin is to drink plenty of water. Water is considered as the most effective natural treatment for any skin condition. This is because of its being alkaline, with pH 7.3.
Water helps prevent dehydration. Dehydration can cause the production of sebum or oil from the sebaceous glands. The skin needs water to function well. For this reason, doctors and nutritionists recommend a daily intake of between 6 to 8 glasses per day.
- To maintain and achieve healthy skin, your diet is important. Nutrition plays a key role in skin health. Some foods, like acidic foods and dairy products, are often accused of causing an allergic reaction in some people.
One of the many debated topics in the area of nutrition is chocolate.
Some say that chocolate affects the condition of skin. Others will not agree with this thinking. The best thing to do is stick to a nutritious diet, including fresh fruits and green-leafy vegetables. Don’t forget to include food rich with fibre too.
It’s important to take note of these points and stick to them to ensure you have the best chance of healthy skin. Skin care is one of my own passions and I do put a lot of importance on it. I have a skin care regime including natural products that are very effective and affordable.
If you’re interested in finding out what I use and how you can improve your own skin care regime, check my page here and get in touch. I would love to be able to help you.